Sunday, October 26, 2008

One Year

Alot happens in one year....especially if you are a baby.

You go from 7lbs 6 oz


to 22 pounds.


Colicky(but loveable)



to gabby and definitely LOVEABLE.



My favorite word is "this".....I walk around the house saying it ALL the time.

No teeth and the solid GOLD formula


to 10 teeth and eating cheetos (yum, my favorite thanks to Dad)!



Severe torticollis and a helmet



to America's next TOP model.


Sleeping most of the day


to walking, climbing, and getting into everything all day.



HAPPY 1st Birthday Drew!!
October 25, 2008












It was a fun Happy Halloween Birthday Party!








P.S. Thankfully, alot can change for the mommy as well.

Me- October 24, 2007 approx. 10pm
In-labor heading to the hospital....(dilated to a 4 already when get there)
and oops....Jared realizes he never took any pictures of me pregnant! SMILE?!?
(For those of you who said I was a cute pregnant lady...I can now see you were only being kind, but thanks anyway)!!

Me- October 24, 2008

53 lbs LIGHTER(the last 13 were real stubborn, too)!!
FYI - I gained 45 pounds during Drew's pregnancy.
Pretty impressive for someone who was sick for the entire first HALF of her pregnancy. The additional 8 pounds were needed to fit back into MOST (not even all) of my old clothes.
That MATH doesn't make sense to even this ACCOUNTANT!!

11 comments:

The Obergs said...

Happy Birthday Drew boy! Grandma and I thought about you all day on your big day!

Carolee how does that 53 pounds melt away when you've got such good looking treats at your party? You look fantastic! You're an inspiration.

Drew's giant cupcake looks delicious, but I would be surprised if he finished it, it was as big as him!

shauna said...

What a Super Post! I LOVED it. That was one big cupcake for cute Drew! And you are looking FABULOUS Carolee. Way to go!

Mike and Kim said...

That big cupcake is awesome, and Drew is looking super cute.

As for the post-pregnancy weight loss math conundrum, it never makes sense to Kim or I either. For some reason there is a whole line of pre-pregnancy shirts that are far too big for Kim now, despite the fact that all the relevant individual measurements are back to where they used to be. 2 + 2 now seems to equal 3.

Sarah Garner said...

Happy birthday Drew! Wow! I can't believe that a year has just flown by!!! What a cutie pie!!!

Carolee you look GREAT!

Susan said...

Carolee, First of all let me say that you look GREAT!!! And next, Drew actually looks like Jared in one of those pictures!!! Your party looks so fun--and that cupcake--I'm pretty sure Drew was loving that (and I'm sure Isaac was too!!) Wish we could have been there--but so glad you had a great day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Tami said...

Hey Carolee! You look FABULOUS by the way! Happy 1st birthday to Drew...it seems like just yesterday that you were pregnant!

shauni said...

Happy Birthday Drew! Your party looks like it was a blast, I LOVE the giant cupcake- what a cute idea. Drew is soo cute and has gotten so big, I wish we were able to see more of his cute little face this past year. Carolee, you look great! I laughed so hard at the "pregnancy math" It never seems to make sense. Even though I technically lost all the weight I gained with the boys, there were some clothes that I never fit back into. Being nine months pregnant, I was also happy to see that I'm not the only one who gains 50 pounds per baby, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe eventually I will be able to fit into something other than Colby's old sweatshirts!

Jared said...

Wow, what a hot mama! You look great babe! I can't believe Drew is already one. Hopefully year #2 is easier than year #1!

Jared said...

and cheaper

Mel said...

Carolee you look AMAZING!! You are tiny! Congrats it is not easy. I gained that much with my last too. So fun! Drew is such an adorable child and I wouldn't doubt that he is the next top model. You are a great mom!

Becca said...

You guys- I can't believe this year is over. So much change and some days you think you'll never survive. But now, they aren't even babies anymore. Crazy. I loved the post! We are getting ready for bday celebrations too! Mason is 4 on Sunday and Brooke's bday is Nov8th. Busy!