Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mr. Marathon

Jared ran the Valley of Fire marathon on Saturday (Nov. 22nd); which was also his FIRST marathon. He did awesome!!He ran it in a 8:23 pace and finished 6th out of 108!!! The course is a tough one and is mostly uphill!

A big marathon runner in our ward ran the half-marathon that day and when Jared asked her why she wasn't running the full marathon she said: "Because this course sucks!! It is all uphill." What a boost of confidence right before the start (hee,hee).
I am married to a MAJOR STUD!!!


Isaac trying on the marathon medal......maybe someday he'll run with dad.The boys checking out the fire truck while we wait for dad.

So, the marathon "bug" has bitten the STUD!! He is already planning to run the Ogden Marathon in May to see how he does on a more traditional course!! And when he does his "couch potato" wife and the two boys will be cheering him on at the finish..

12 comments:

The Obergs said...

As will his couch potato sister. Actually, I hope by then I'll be training for the sprint triathalon that jared and I are supposed to do in the fall... Jared is a stud isn't he. I'm so impressed that he kicked so much butt, ESPECIALLY on his first try. I know Craig was a little miffed that a virgin marathoner killed his time especially on such a hard course. Congrats Jar, you're my inspiration!

Mel said...

Jared- Congrats!! That is such an accomplishment! Hey I am doing the Moab half and trying to talk Carl into it. You should do it and talk Carl into doing it! It's March 21st. You are awesome!!!

Colby said...

Way to go Winda! you're the man.

shauni said...

That is awesome! I am so impressed with that time, especially on a hard course- way to go Jared, you totally killed my slow marathon time. Wish we could be there to cheer you on in May!

Becca said...

Sweet Jared- that is impressive. After Jer and I looked at your blog, Jeremy said, "I am not a stud."

Mel said...

I need your new address so I can send you a Christmas Card. You can email me if you want! carlmelwhiting@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's impressive!

Mike and Kim said...

I told Jared that I feel like he and I were given pretty much the same body, but he's been a lot more successful with his than I have.

Frost Family said...

Good job Winda....you really are a stud. Maybe someday i will run in a marathon with you (i wont actually run with you because my legs will not go that fast).

Jake B. Fam. said...

you big stud...I wish I could run like you! You look like you weren't even sweating and your not even tired, come on push yourself a little!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Like sisters musings about life... said...

Hey Guys! Jared thats awesome...i got your letter, how fun to hear from you it sounds like you guys are doing great! I am going to add your blog to my list so I can stay updated.

Erin