Friday, October 29, 2010

What's Up!

Someone started Kindergarten!

And Someone was Really SAD about it.
(Apparently, hanging out with mom all morning IS that bad.)

***Someone else probably won't win mother of the year for posting these pictures 10 wks late!***

Someone also graduated to the toddler bed
(aka started climbing out of his crib)

And was doing a GREAT job staying in his room until mom came to get him...

even if he was really sleeping on the floor by the door.

UNTIL...this happened one day at nap-time.....


Someone could be "Grease Lighting" for Halloween......

'cause he ran the St. George Marathon in 3:01:38!
That's a 6:56 pace per mile....
Finishing 146th overall out of 5,702 runners!

OR that someone could just be a "Super Stud" instead cause three weeks later....
He did the Pumpkinman Sprint Triathlon finishing 28th overall....
And 2nd PLACE in his Division.

Or maybe it's in the gene's?
Cause that someone's sister also did the Sprint Triathlon and SHE ROCKED, too!
Speaking of Halloween, that sister brought the cutest little witch with her for the visit.....
Someone else used her "influence" (i.e. bribery) to get the boys to let her pick out their Halloween costumes for one more year. Check out these two characters.

FYI Bribery = look with these costumes you get to have "guns"
and wings!Someone also turned 3 and celebrated his birthday with.....
chicken nuggets and french fries
TWO Birthday Cakes(The professional cake was by my SUPER-TALENTED friend Christina)

a new bike
and a Halloween party with the playschool friends!

Someone else went on his first school field-trip

to the "pumpkin patch" and had a great time....

even with mom tagging along.

Finally, this family ACTUALLY "carved" pumpkins this year.....


For the first time in probably 4 years. Someone just doesn't like "carving" pumpkins. So, this alternative worked!

8 comments:

shauna said...

Super cute post! Love the pictures. Wow, Jared is AMAZING. You look super darling! LOVE the halloween costumes, and pumpkins. Thanks so much for the update! It'so fun to see what you have been up to. love ya!

Christina said...

Isaac is so sweet and Drew cracks me up! AND who new your hubby was such a super star!!! Have fun this week!

shauni said...

That picture of Drew crying breaks my heart, sometimes it's so hard to be "little". Jared and Crystal are both awesome, I am super impressed. I love the Toy Story costumes, enjoy picking out their costumes while it lasts- I have wanted my boys to be pirates for the last three years and haven't been able to talk them into it. I hope you guys have a great Halloween!

Susan said...

Your post is so fun and cute....looks like you have had a great time the past few weeks. Isaac and Drew's costumes are so funny--I love it!! And Jared--I agree--what a stud--and Crystal--wow--and they are my kids--THEY ARE AWESOME!! We can hardly wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

The Obergs said...

oh Carolee, you know just what to say to make a girl feel good. Telling me I rock AND have the cutest little witch. Thank you!

You DO win mother of the year award because you do all of these fun things, and document it, and always come up with clever posts.

Speaking of toddler bed... where do I find an inexpensive "toddler conversion piece"? Hazel fell out of her crib and so we are thinking about taking the toddler bed journey (However, I'm still keeping that crib tent in mind because Hazel has been in her crib, wide awake, for the last hour and a half. I'm not sure if I'm willing to give that up)

Ron said...

I know that this comment is a little late but I just want to say that I love those costumes on my little buddies. Dad

Becca said...

Your kid look sooo big! So sad about Drew crying- Brooke tells me everyday that she is going to school. Next year.. It's crazy how different it is with #2 child. When are you going to dabble in the triatholon life???

Sarah said...

Ryan had such a great time at Drew's birthday party. She still talks about it and has to look at the pictures often.