Monday, April 7, 2008

A Dream Come True and More

On Saturday Melissa Payan invited the boys and I to "Touch-A-Truck" since the guys were working all day. It is a chance for kids to get up close and personal with their favorite big rig! A fire truck, police car, construction vehicles and many other vehicles were on display for the kids to climb into and "drive" etc.


ISAAC LOVED IT!!!
HE RAN from one truck to the next saying "BIG TRUCK" or "Let's go drive BIG TRUCK", etc. Baby Drew and I could barely keep up in the stroller as he darted through all the crowds!!

Here are some pictures of him driving some of his favorite trucks.

Isaac in the "sweet" semi-truck. This thing was decked out!! The back cabin even had a fridge and microwave in it.

We saw a mixer truck, many semi-trucks, an army hummer, a regular hummer, paramedic trucks, fire engines, an Air Force fuel tanker, SWAT team trucks, the K-9 unit SUVs, moving trucks, TV station SUVs & vans, and there were even some motorcycles and a helicopter there!! It was A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ISAAC!!! Probably the best day of his short 3 year life.

AND here is the latest photo of Baby Drew AKA BABY FAT. Drew already has a million nicknames. (Baby Drew, DB, Drew Doggie, Drew Puppy, Helmet Head, Mr. Pain in the Neck, Chucker Pants, Firecracker, Short Stack, etc.) But his newest is "Baby Fat". Someone here in Vegas recently told me the following: (note that she doesn't speak English every well) "First time I see him he SOOO little....he NO little; he FAT!!" Jared and I got a good laugh about it and ever since "BABY FAT" has been added to the list.

AND FINALLY....Drew keeps getting up earlier and earlier each morning. It used to be 7:00am, then 6:30am, then 6:00am and finally this morning he got up at 5:15am ready to play for the day. His early rising is killing me and Jared. Jared is working until the wee hours of the morning and I can't seem to get into bed any earlier than 11pm by the time I get both kids in bed and clean up, finish the laundry, do some taxes myself, etc. And often Drew will still get up in the middle of the night to eat. Anyways, one morning when Drew woke up BRIGHT and EARLY Jared said, "I'll get him, you sleep alittle longer." When I dragged myself out of bed about an hour later this is what I found............

YES, Jared was sound asleep!! I came in the room, left, got the camera and took a few pictures before his eye finally cracked open alittle bit!! Not exactly what I had in mind; but at least Drew has a nice helmet to protect him if he got dropped, etc.

6 comments:

Tisha said...

Looks like Isaac had the time of his life with all the big trucks! We were supposed to go to something like that last week, but of course in midwest, tornado warnings ruin everything!!! Be grateful for nice LV weather!
Those pictures of Drew are SO adorable! Love those chubby cheeks.

shauni said...

I love the pictures! It looks like Isaac had a blast with the trucks. You are brave to go by yourself. I am jealous that Isaac is in shorts and short sleeves, it looks so nice and warm there. We are still waiting for some nice "Spring" weather and still braving an occasional snow storm. Drew is getting so big, I love all his nicknames.

The Obergs said...

hahah. Those last pictures crack me up. Little Drew is wide awake, ready for some action and Jared is totally oblivious...which I don't blame him with all of his crazy hours. You are so lucky to have 2 happy little boys. I'm sure Isaac was on cloud 9 at the "touch a truck". I can't think of anything he would like doing more. I love how serious he is when he's driving the "big truck".

Mike and Kim said...

That "Touch a Truck" event is a fantastic idea, and it looks like Isaac enjoyed it to the fullest. It's so funny how different boys and girls are -- yesterday our two neighbor boys that are Megan's age (who are just being potty trained) dropped their pants at the park and both took a leak next to the basketball court. Megan, on the other, forces us to leave the bathroom saying, "I need my privacy."

It'll be exciting and different to have a boy of our own.

And hang in there Jared, tax season is almost over.

Alexa said...

Hi Jared and Carolee! I found your blog through the Thorleys' -- just thought I'd stop in a say hello! It's great to see how well y'all are doing -- your two boys are adorable and you're both looking good, too, of course. :) Tim and I are back in TX (San Antonio) again, and just welcomed our second little one into the family a few weeks ago. You're welcome to visit our blog anytime -- we'd love to hear from you!

Becca said...

I just found your blog through Mike's blog!! I can't believe poor Drew and his helmet!! Does he hate it? He sure is DARLING! I loved the photos of Issac and trucks- a true boy. It must have made Jared so proud. Loved the photos of Jared's work- especially the car comparision. We are excited to see you guys this summer at the fam reunion!