Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's official...

It's official.....he is walking!! Drew took his first steps last Thursday (Sept. 18th). He took a couple in the morning while I was sorting laundry. He would walk in between the baskets. Then after dinner he took about 8 steps walking between things. And by bedtime he was walking across our bedroom taking about 20 steps.

I never really got a good snapshot of the steps; but here are the best ones.
(The above picture isn't really that good....but we both that it was interesting because we thought Drew looked a bit like Carter/Colby in it....whereas most of the time Jared is going on and on about how he looks like me or just like my dad. I guess there is some Frost in there somewhere babe!!)
But, here are a couple of videos that turned out pretty good.....





He seems so little walking around! But I guess that is just because there is a big difference between walking at 10 months and 3 weeks versus walking at 19 months (that is when Isaac walked).

13 comments:

Becca said...

AWESOME GUYS! That is so wild. I think we have a couple months with Brooke before we go there. Drew is soooo cute. Mason and I loved the picture of Issac napping on the table. Are you guys planning any UT trips anytime soon?

B said...

Holy cow! He's already walking!!! So fun :) Now on to climbing out of the crib!!! ;)

Sarah Garner said...

I CANNOT believe baby Drew is walking... my how time flies!

GO DREW!

ericareynolds said...

Oh, he is so cute. I love it when their little wobbly bodies start walking. Go Drew!

The Obergs said...

before I even read your caption to the first picture I thought he looked like Carter, so it wasn't just you guys who saw the family resemblance. Way to go Drew boy! He's doing such a great job

Frost Family said...

Drew is too cute I love his little chubby cheeks! I hope you have locks on everything!!

Susan said...

I love that little boy--he looks like trouble coming now that he can motate!! Hard to believe he's almost 1!! I also thought he had a resemblance to Carter before I read the comment . . .

Mike and Kim said...

Now that he's walking you're going to have to teach him to bob and weave so that he can step out of the way of Isaac's left hook and get him with a sock to the kidneys.

Colby said...

In the same fashion that I read books, I looked at the pictures before reading the captions. Having said that, when I saw that first picture of drew I told Shauni that it looked a lot like Cart.

Colby said...

Drew is so cute! He looks so little to be walking. I am imressed that he is so stable looking for just starting. I can't believe he is almost one year old! I'm sad that we haven't been able to see him more. You'll have to keep the posts coming so we can at least see all of his cute pictures.

shauni said...

that last comment was really from me.

Frost Family said...

Drew is so cute...That is cool that he is walking...Now comes the bad part, he will be getting into everything!

Sarah said...

That's great! I seem to have kids that don't like to crawl, let alone walk.