Monday, August 29, 2011

Summer Fun, Summer Run(s) and Summer's Done?

Summer Fun Part 1 - UTAH for the 4th

.




Summer Fun - Part 2 Hogle Zoo

Summer Fun Part 3 - Lake Powell
Summer Run Part 1 - Kaysville July 4th Run
Yes, that is actually me on the left.
It has been seriously about 25 years since I last ran an official 5k.
I ran it in 28:15
Not bad for a major amateur and hater of running.


Jared ran the 10k and got his PR/ goal of under 40 minutes.
But, sadly finished second in his age group....
Cause he ran this race a few years ago and also got 2nd so he was shooting for 1st.
Missed it by 7 seconds. Bummer?!? 



My mother-in-law did the 5k walk and took 1st OVERALL.
Must be where Jared gets his competitive edge.

Crystal (SIL) and my father-in-law also ran the 10k.
Cause that is the race that "real" runners do.

Summer Run Part 2 - Utah HALF Ironman

1.2 mile swim
56 mile bike ride
13.1 mile run

Who else would also consider this summer fun? Jared
We did have fun supporting him: his parents, two sisters, one niece, my parents and of course the boys!

Okay, actually two other dad's were faster! Jared had the 3rd fastest run time. And finished 16th OVERALL. Way to rock those shorts.

Summer Fun for REAL - 14th Anniversary

We spent Thursday/Friday kid-less in SLC at the Grand America.
IT is a NICE hotel.

Us on our balcony.
(Really, this is just our 14th - but by my serious crow's feet you'd think 25th - yikes - bad photo, right?)


Lunch, new running shoes, shopping at The Gateway, laying by the pool, relaxing in the hot tub, dinner and shopping in downtown SLC, reminiscing those kid-less days when we both worked downtown, dreaming/skimming on how to get one of those new City Creek condos overlooking Temple Square, LOTS of food and DESSERT, and sleeping-in....it was FUN!

Summer's Done?

Back to School. BOO-YAY!
BOO for a certain 3 year-old.
YAY for a certain mom.

Isaac's first day of 1st grade


Did I mention it was 109 degrees, today?!?

5 comments:

The Obergs said...

oh Carolee, your blogs are always so creative. Maybe you missed your calling in life and should have been a creative writer. Well, maybe you have two callings, because you ARE the best accountant Jared's ever met (I still think that's so sweet).

yes, a 10k is totally for real runners, hahahah.

And, don't even go there about your "crows feet". How many times do I have to tell you that you have skin just like your moms; smooth and wrinkle free.

P.S. thanks for always letting Hazel tag along with the boys and play with their toys. You guys are a great aunt and uncle to her.

Christina said...

What a fun filled summer. Happy belated anniversary. It looks like you guys had a great time. Hug the boys for me and Tell them I miss their happy faces.

Oh yeah, I love the signs you made for Jared's race. My favorite is "Ride it like you stole it." Hilarious!!!

shauni said...

What a fun Summer! I always love reading your blog updates. The boys are getting so big! I think it's been way too long since we've seen you guys. I am super jealous of all your Utah/Lake Powell fun... maybe one of these years we will live close enough to join in! You look great! I love the straight hair, and way to go on running the 5K- that's a great time.

Susan said...

Summer was so fun!!! I am so glad a lot of that was spent here with us....we loved having you all here. I guess the good thing that you can look forward to is the temperature being less than 108--now comes the time that is great for you guys and the snow comes for us....boo (guess we will have to move into your spare room since we found nothing in St. George!!!!) Love you guys!

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/makanan-tradisional-khas-jakarta